Our Aerospace client needed to replace their Boiler Feedwater Deaeration Equipment within their central powerhouse. The project was divided into two parts. The first part was to complete a study and present the client with replacement options. The second part was the detailed design for the replacement of the option selected by the client.
The study included the following:
- Analyze historical steam usage data
- Propose size options for the replacement of the existing deaerator
- Obtain equipment quotes and estimate installation costs and operational costs for each option
- Propose additional upgrades to the overall boiler feedwater system for efficiency improvement and energy savings
The Detailed Design including the following:
- Demolition of existing Deaerator, structural supports, and piping
- Structural Design to support the new Dearator and for the installation of maintenance platforms
- Mechanical and Piping Design for Steam, Feedwater Pumps, Feedwater Piping, drains, vents, etc
- Electrical Design
- Instrumentation and Controls Design including integration with the existing plant management system.